Policy Statement

Islamic Society of Britain (ISB) exists to provide a greater understanding of awareness of Islam and moral development of young people and families living across United Kingdom. ISB acknowledges its duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring our safeguarding practice reflects our legal responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and the requirements of Charity Commission. Our policy sets out common values, principles, and beliefs and describes the steps that will be taken in meeting ISB’s commitment to protect children and adults at risk.

Who does this policy apply to?

This policy applies to all staff and volunteers working for or supporting the charity.

Legal requirements

The Children’s Act 2004 is the primary legislation for Safeguarding and Child Protection and Care Act 2014 for adult protection. These acts place legal obligations on organisations to safeguard and promote the wellbeing of children and adults at risk. This includes ensuring all adults who work with or on behalf of them are competent, confident, and safe to do so.

By having strong safeguarding procedures and practice, we provide a safe place for children and young people to engage with us and the services we provide.

Our Values, Principles and Beliefs

We want our members and the public to have confidence in our work. Ensuring safeguarding runs through all we do is part of building trust and confidence with the public.




It is important to us that the children and families we serve can learn more about our commitment to child safeguarding. This includes our policy, the behaviour they can expect from our volunteers staff and how to contact us if they have any concerns.

If you are worried about a child

If you think a child, young person or adult with care and support needs is at risk, being abused or neglected, please contact the ISB Designate Safeguarding Lead at [email protected].

If you have immediate concerns for the safety of yourself or others call 999.

You can also contact the social care team at your local council. You can find their contact details on the Gov.uk website or on your local council’s website.

Please read the following policies: