ISB needs your help to build a positive future for the Muslims of BritainWe know that wealth does not reduce in charity and rather, giving is the best investment for our Hereafter. The Muslim community is extremely generous, although most of our giving goes to help those in need abroad.
But are you concerned that we are not meeting the needs of our community here and planning for tomorrow?The ISB specialises in making Islam accessible to ordinary people and developing young Muslims to be the change-makers and leaders of tomorrow. Our Muslim youth face many challenges, including:
- crises of faith, at epidemic proportions. Due to the stigma of leaving many young people are simply disengaging from their faith
- mental health problems – higher in Muslim youth than in the rest of the population (in a recent survey 19% of 18-30 year old Muslims have had pervading thoughts of suicide)
- uncertain future with islamophobia and the growth of the far right
- and communities living separately with growing misunderstanding
- all in addition to the same challenges as other young people – the environment, AI, global conflicts, unemployment etc
We need your help to help them…ISB is a charity with most of the work done by volunteers.
The future growth of this work requires paid staff so we can have much greater impact inshallah. But we need your support for this!The young people we help are very fortunate and will have a bright future inshallah. However, we only have the resources to impact a tiny percentage of the population. So, we need your generous support:
- For our youth Academy – to fully develop resources and services for young Muslims from ages 11-27
- To bring all our high-quality resources online so they are freely accessible to all people, across the country and even globally
- Including the development of videos and infographics, so young people can find their answers quickly and easily
- To recruit youth workers – so we can reach and inspire many more young people
- And web developers – to develop a website which young people will go to for all their difficult questions and Islamic learning
- For Schools workers – to reach schools across the country with our beautiful message
- The Young Muslims UK – a network for 11-16 year olds
- ISB Campus – a network for ages 17-27
We are also concerned about the general misconceptions about Islam and the role schools can play in bringing the faith to life as well as in challenging stereotypes. The best way to cut off Islamophobia at its roots, is to educate the next generation.
For a number of years ISB has been actively collaborating with schools to present Islam with carefully crafted Schools Packs for primary and secondary schools.
There is a lot of interest from other organisations but we need a dedicated worker to extend collaboration and train presenters to enable the project to grow.
May your donations be far-reaching and beneficial and may your scales be heavy with your good deeds.